Tuesday, July 22, 2008

That Was The Campaign That Was

Senator McCain, what’s your position on the Bush tax cuts?

Well uh, I was against it and then I was for it and now I uh, well let me think

Senator McCain , what’s your position on amnesty for illegal immigrants?

OMG not that one again, I was for it, even co-authored a bill, but uh, well I figured that, uh, oh well what can I say?

Senator McCain, what’s your position on torturing prisoners and habeas corpus?

Oh gosh, yea I was tortured, but you know I was against it before I was for it or was I, uh oh I just can’t remember where I stand on that one.

Senator McCain, will you withdraw troops from Iraq if they ask us to leave

Well, as I’ve said I know what they want better than they do

Senator McCain, What do you have to say about your chief economic advisor calling Americans a nation of whiners?

Well see here my dear friends, I would never say that…

But Senator McCain, your chief advisor said so, so what do you think?

Well, it is all in their heads, now isn’t it?

And Senator McCain what about your flip-flop on offshore drilling?

Well let’s see, if we want to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels it only makes sense to drill our way out of the fix we’re in doesn’t it?

Sorry, that’s all the time we have for questions.

Eh, That’s all folks!

No comments: